Offline Blueprint: How I Sell Online Marketing To Big Offline B2B Companies And Earn Real Money
You’ve spent months and all your credit cards to learn how to do SEO, get to the top of Google for organic and local results, you have domains that rank no 1, you know how to set up Facebook Pages with WordPress with fancy reveal tabs etc. The list goes on and on. You know how to do the stuff.
But offline businesses don’t want to buy. And when you do get them over the line to buy, you spend many hours, do lots of revisions and they expect to pay very little for it.
And then there are those Offline Marketing Consultants on the forums and blogs that reckon it is the best business to be in and they make tons of money. How can that be? What are they doing that you are not?
So you buy more technical training, get faster at ranking number 1 and create more complex Fan Pages that will suck out email address and write on walls. But you still can’t sell these (even fancier) offline marketing services.
The problem is that you are spending your life buying all the latest products for the Offline market, you are scared that you are going to miss the "next big" thing that will be the magic bullet that will bring you fame and fortune.
In the process you are not buidling a real business and you jump around from one technology solution to the other, every day. Today it is Facebook Pages, tomorrow it is Google+ or SEO packages and it seem to be all at discounted prices that prospects aren't really keen to buy. There are people doing $49 Facebook Pages so you won't be quitting your day job anytime soon on that type of income.
I’ve seen this many times and people ask me how I manage to sell my services to big offline B2B businesses and I charge more than others that are finding it hard to sell. The answer is simple. It is in the value proposition, not the technology.
Offline businesses (and particularly bigger B2B business with complex sales cycles) want:
- The cake, not the recipe;
- Leads, not SEO optimized websites;
- Prospects, not social media strategies; and
- Paying customers, not fans or likes.
So I've learnt not to pitch cool technology but I position myself as an Online Lead Generation Expert (doing what we do everyday in Internet Marketing) and I've structured my services as a product around their problem.
Did you know that a recent study by DemandGen showed the following changing behavior in the B2B Lead Generation market?
The New Decision Making Process
- 48% Utilized a wider variety of sources to acquire information at various stages of the buying process than during previous purchases
- 48% Took more time to research their buying options
- 36% Did more detailed analysis of costs/ROI on their own
- 30% Had more internal team members provide input
- 27% Relied more on live customer feedback & recommendations
New Influences in the Buying Process
- 78% started with informal info gathering
- 59% engaged with peers who addressed the challenge
- 48% followed industry conversations on topic
- 44% conducted anonymous research of a select group of vendors
- 41% followed discussions to learn more about topic
- 37% posted questions on social networking sites looking for suggestions/feedback
- More than 20% connected directly with potential solution providers via social networking channels
This provides a unique opportunity to use your existing skills to help these B2B Offline businesses to develop lead generation solutions. You are not at a disadvantage to traditional marketing firms as many understand this.
Search engines like Google changed the corprate buying process and my "New Buying Cycle" (image below) presentation hits a nerve in almost all instances.
I've packaged this into a 5 Step product that I call my "B2B Online Lead Generation Architecture" and it is all just basic Internet Marketing using the tools and techniques that you are familiar with. I sell it in phases (read upselling) and I charge around $2,000 just for the first workshop and report from step 1 in the process. It is small change for businesses that get leads that are worth tens of thousands of dollars.
The 5 steps in my "B2B Online Lead Generation Architecture" are:
- Lead Generation Foundation
- Hub & Spoke Lead Funnel
- Social Channel Framework
- Lead Targeted Traffic
- Sales Ready Dashboard
I've complied the whole process in a comprehensive PDF guide with a support PowerPoint and training videos. The "B2B Lead Generation Expert Blueprint" shows you how to:
- Package your existing IM skills as a product that big business will buy
- Create a Value Proposition that they just can't say no to
- Where to find the contact details of these type of businesses
- A very effective way to market to big businesses and get them to contact you (have you heard of Personalized URLs or PURLs?)
- Deliver the "B2B Online Lead Generation Architecture" and how to charge for it
- Create a monthly management fee for managing their online marketing channels (read Facebook Pages, Twitter, blogs etc.)
In this course you will find:
- A comprehensive 58 page pdf guide with the complete blueprint explained
- The PowerPoint that I use to present to Offline clients
- A Video to where I explain the PowerPoint and show how I present it
- A Blueprint Quick Overview Video
- A Video showing how I get the contact details of the businesses that I target
- A Video where I show you how to set up a PURL campaign to get the businesses to contact you (this is really cool)
The "B2B Lead Generation Architecture" has changed how I run my Offline marketing business. It is now a real business and I am building it in such a way that I can actually sell it as a real marketing business. This is not a "magic bullet" WSO but one for Offline marketers that want to start a business that can generate a full time income and be built into a specialist marketing business. Something that has capital value and that can be sold.
I will host a webinar on Thursday 8 September for the first 200 buyers where I explain the "B2B Online Lead Generation Architecture" and answer questions that you may have.
It comes with my normal "60 day money back, no questions asked" guarantee. The price will change to a dime sale increasing from $17 after 48 hours to give my existing customers a chance to buy at the lower price
Tags: b2b it services buying cycle, product purchase cycle, online buying cycle, facebook buying cycle, buy cycle process, purchasing cycle in real estate, get b2b online lead generation architectures, purchase process marketing cycle, b2b buying cycle, offline and online b2b marketing processes, purchasing decision process marketing, online buying cycle social search, search buying process, sale process cycle, purchasing tools and techniques, how online marketing influences purchase process, new buying process, marketing companies, 5 step sales cycle, offline blueprint: how i sell online marketing to big offline b2b companies and earn real money
Like this post? Subscribe to our RSS feed and get loads more!