www.reit.com REIT stocks dipped slightly in November. The FTSE NAREIT All REIT Total Returns Index was down 0.64 percent for the month. Equity REITs fared slightly better, down 0.29 percent in November. REITs trailed the broader market for the month, as the S&P 500 was up 0.58 percent in November. Multifamily REITs AvalonBay Communities (NYSE AVB) and Equity Residential (NYSE: EQR) teamed up to acquire the Archstone apartment property portfolio from Lehman Brothers. AvalonBay and Equity Residential will fund the .5 billion purchase with a combination of cash and stock. AvalonBay will acquire 40 percent of Archstone, with Equity Residential taking the remaining 60 percent. The deal scuttled Archstone’s plans to go public with an IPO that was projected to raise as much as .5 billion. In international news, the European Public Real Estate Association (EPRA) announced that the global assets in exchanged traded funds linked to the FTSE EPRA/NAREIT Stock Index series have grown by more than 90 percent in the last year. .1 billion are now invested in the ETFs, up from .7 billion at the end of October 2011. The FTSE EPRA/NAREIT Global Total Return Index of developed market real estate stocks gained more than 17 percent during that 12-month period. Kansas City, Mo.-based Entertainment Properties Trust unveiled its re-branding effort earlier this month. The firm will now be known as EPR Properties (NYSE: EPR). The announcement came as EPR was celebrating the 15-year

Filed under: Real Estate

Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!